I finally did it. I managed to get a 100% accuracy score in Osu, thus earning me a SS rank. Needless to say, I am one happy bouncy Maru. I know it's 'only' an easy mode beatmap, but even one teeny tiny non-perfect hit means no SS rank (as far as I can tell at least), so in my eyes it's still quite an accomplishment. Here are two pics (too lazy to do a LJ cut), should anyone want to go 'screenshot or it didn't happen' on me =p
The score:

The ranking:

I dunno what it is with me and music, but I always had a thing for music/rhythm elements in games. Maybe it's because I used to play piano in the past, or just because I get my inspiration from music. Heck, in MMO games I rely very much on sound to improve reaction time. In WoW I play with ingame (tho rarely background music) sounds on, to hear when a raidboss does certain attacks, I even recognise the sounds of certain cooldowns of the priest class and some other classes too. This resulted at the start of Cataclysm in some confusion, as the proc sound of a certain caster trinket had the exact same sound as the Divine Hymn spell of the priest class. Several times I would look around me, wondering why in the world my fellow priests would waste that 8min cooldown spell at that moment...or even getting confused, wondering why I didn't notice we had another priest in the raid!
If WoW would get a Bard class as their next hero class, I would probably reroll instantly, as I greatly enjoy said class. I can still remember the sounds and rhythms, the way my guitar sounded like of my minstrel in LOTRO. Or simply enjoying the fact I could swap instruments. Having to refresh my 30 second buffs in Rift got never boring on my Bard, simply because the music I made was so lovely. Heck, I even adjusted the order I casted my songs, because it sounded better to me. Even in the short time I played Eden, I loved my Bard, despite the fact that heavy/deathmetal turned out to be not as awesome as your average guitar.
The only exception in this would be singing games. While I love to sing (and dance) while noone is around, I am simply too embarrassed to do it in front of others, which is probably because I heard how my voice sounds, disliking it greatly. As a result, I do not speak on Ventrillo either, even tho my beloved guildies keep telling me to do so. Sorry peeps, but this Maru sucks at spoken English, ain't going to happen. Plus it would only distract me from my job as healer anyways, as I concentrate too much on pronouncing stuff properly. Funny thing is, I used to be in the school choir as a kid...never had issues with that, but that's probably because you blend in with 30 other kids, thus not drawing attention to myself. I may have a big mouth when typing, but deep down I really am quite shy...I start stuttering when doing a presentation in front of my class, to give you an idea how bad it is.
Woosh, my lil' victory post got quite a bit longer than expected O.o
~*~Maru~*~
The score:

The ranking:

I dunno what it is with me and music, but I always had a thing for music/rhythm elements in games. Maybe it's because I used to play piano in the past, or just because I get my inspiration from music. Heck, in MMO games I rely very much on sound to improve reaction time. In WoW I play with ingame (tho rarely background music) sounds on, to hear when a raidboss does certain attacks, I even recognise the sounds of certain cooldowns of the priest class and some other classes too. This resulted at the start of Cataclysm in some confusion, as the proc sound of a certain caster trinket had the exact same sound as the Divine Hymn spell of the priest class. Several times I would look around me, wondering why in the world my fellow priests would waste that 8min cooldown spell at that moment...or even getting confused, wondering why I didn't notice we had another priest in the raid!
If WoW would get a Bard class as their next hero class, I would probably reroll instantly, as I greatly enjoy said class. I can still remember the sounds and rhythms, the way my guitar sounded like of my minstrel in LOTRO. Or simply enjoying the fact I could swap instruments. Having to refresh my 30 second buffs in Rift got never boring on my Bard, simply because the music I made was so lovely. Heck, I even adjusted the order I casted my songs, because it sounded better to me. Even in the short time I played Eden, I loved my Bard, despite the fact that heavy/deathmetal turned out to be not as awesome as your average guitar.
The only exception in this would be singing games. While I love to sing (and dance) while noone is around, I am simply too embarrassed to do it in front of others, which is probably because I heard how my voice sounds, disliking it greatly. As a result, I do not speak on Ventrillo either, even tho my beloved guildies keep telling me to do so. Sorry peeps, but this Maru sucks at spoken English, ain't going to happen. Plus it would only distract me from my job as healer anyways, as I concentrate too much on pronouncing stuff properly. Funny thing is, I used to be in the school choir as a kid...never had issues with that, but that's probably because you blend in with 30 other kids, thus not drawing attention to myself. I may have a big mouth when typing, but deep down I really am quite shy...I start stuttering when doing a presentation in front of my class, to give you an idea how bad it is.
Woosh, my lil' victory post got quite a bit longer than expected O.o
~*~Maru~*~
no subject
Date: 17/07/2011 10:07 (UTC)Gz on your score =D
no subject
Date: 17/07/2011 17:40 (UTC)That or get me some Marco Borsato songs *nod*