[personal profile] inspired_mind
Been browsing deviantART and the MLP Arena forum the past hour or so, checking out the neat customs people make. I wish I could make such lovely creations. This actually made me realise that this new interest might be the excellent moment to try something new, seeing as my inspiration to draw something is still close to non-existent, same for creating banners and avatars in Photoshop. There are a couple of things I have been wanting to try:

Plushies
Ever since I saw this amazing custom plushie of a moonkin, I wanted to learn how to make my own moonkin plushie. Sadly, the creator of the original plushie never provided any patterns on how to make it, so I eventually lost interest. Now that everyone is making these MLP plushies, my interest in plushiemaking has been renewed. I have some minor sewing experience, from making tiny bags for my minerals and fixing clothes at one of my summer jobs, so I know I ain't a complete hopeless case when it comes to sewing. The downside is that I will likely need a sewing machine of my own. Getting the required materials shouldn't be an issue, seeing as we got a lovely market on Fri/Sat and various stores that sell materials as well.

Pony Customs
Another thing I have been wanting to try for a while, but this one requires so much more knowledge, compared to sewing. Sculpting, dying, working with fake hair, being able to disassemble a pony without destroying it completely. The idea of disassembling a pony...the poor thing! Getting materials for this would likely require various online purchases (ponies and fake hair especially), which will be troublesome due to lack of creditcard. Still, I would love to give this a try someday.

So yeah, time to do some more research. It's a bit saddening to leave drawing behind, but there is just no inspiration at the moment. Maybe trying something new will renew my inspiration for drawing again?

~*~Maru~*~

Date: 21/11/2011 20:59 (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aien-hime.livejournal.com
Well, you can start by making an easy custom first. Taking off the head and rerooting a pony isn't all that hard (I did it ;) ), just takes some time and patience. same for a new symbol. I have a bunch of custom bait gen3's floating around, if you want to mess around?

Date: 22/11/2011 00:06 (UTC)
From: [identity profile] inspired-mind.livejournal.com
I'll keep it in mind, need to read up on stuff first. Found some interesting guides so far :)

Profile

inspired_mind: (Default)
inspired_mind

February 2018

M T W T F S S
   1234
567 891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728    

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit